Pages

Sunday 2 December 2012

A lot of things have happened since the last time I updated, mostly been kept busy with work. A lot of projects have deadlines soon and I'm working hard on trying to meet them.

Set design is the most difficult I think so far since it's the one unit I feel least experienced in compared to everything else despite I know about the same in every unit. I think I just feel out of my depth in it. Despite that I know I'll get the unit finished on time and already am happy with the work I've done for it.

Practical skills is going really good. I am a camera operator on a QVC based show with a noir feel. It's something that I never expected to see. Even the dialogue is noir which is interesting. The assessment for this is in a week's time from Tuesday and already I feel we have a good chance of doing really well. My second role is director which is I'm looking forward to and I love being in the gallery.

Scriptwriting is arguably the best and most interesting class this semester and in my opinion isn't long enough. I love the creative aspect of the class more than anything. Currently we are working on scripts for short films that we will shoot after Christmas. I am working with Andy on the script and it is pretty much finished. Dialogue is much more difficult to write than I thought at first, even the simplest things can be difficult to write. So far it has been a difficult and rewarding experience. 

This past week I went to the cinema and watched a film called End of Watch with Jake Gyllenhall and Michael Pena. It was a cop movie set in America with them both working together and trying to bring down a Mexican gang. I was iffy about watching the film since I didn't like the look of it but turned out to be one of the best films of the year. David Ayer wrote and directed it, wrote it in 6 days which was very impressive. It was shot on a low budget and was mostly about the relationship of the 2 officers. It had lots of action for a low budget film and was quite brutal. I encourage everyone to watch it, by far one of the best cop movies in recent years along with The Town.



         

No comments:

Post a Comment